Uniform & Equipment
Students must wear full academy uniform at all times when they are within the academy or on an academy visit, unless otherwise stated. Our school uniform is worn with pride, and any item (including pin badges) carrying unacceptable slogans, statements or images of a political nature are prohibited.
Day uniform is supplied by Michael Sehgal and Sons LTD and can be purchased from: https://www.michaelsehgal.co.uk/schools/red-house-academy/
This is the only supplier in which our uniform can be purchased from.
Boys and Girls Year 7-11
- Plain black shoes that are polishable. Boots, trainers, converse, vans or similar, backless, suede or cloth footwear are not allowed. All footwear must be completely black with no logos, decorative elements or piped areas.
- A white school shirt (not fitted) with a top button, which should be fastened.
- Stripped Red House Academy clip on tie (Years 7-10), Magenta tie with NET logo (Year 11)
- Black NET Red House Academy blazer. Blazers should be worn at all times around the academy; blazers can be removed in lessons at the teachers’ discretion.
- Black trousers for both boys and girls. Skinny fit trousers are not allowed.
- Girls can choose to wear the Red House Academy skirt, available to order through Michael Sehgal’s – No other skirt will be permitted.
If you are in any doubt whether items can be worn in the Academy, please get in contact for clarification before purchasing.
Please note: The logo on the blazer has changed to include the NET logo, if you already have a blazer with the Red House Academy logo only this will still be permitted.
PE Kit is supplied by Michael Sehgal and Sons LTD and can be purchased from: https://www.michaelsehgal.co.uk/schools/red-house-academy/
- Red House Academy PE Top
- Red House Academy PE shorts OR Red House Academy tracksuit bottoms
- Red House Academy socks (compulsory only with the purchase of academy shorts)
- Appropriate trainers
- Red House Academy ¾ zip top
Further Uniform Guidance:
- Mobile phones/ smartwatches and other electronic technology must be switched off at the academy gate, kept out of view and remain switched off until students exit the academy gate at the end of the day. If a child is seen with any of the items above in the academy, they will be confiscated, placed in the safe, and will only be returned to a parent/carer.
- School shoes must be plain black school shoes made of a polishable material. We do not permit high boots or high visibility buckles/bows/coloured laces or tags etc. Please note that trainers or canvas shoes are not acceptable.
- School trousers should be plain black school trousers. Trousers that are ‘skinny fit’, tight or short length are not permitted.
- School shirts must be plain white and formal shirts. These must be tucked in at all times.
- The Academy blazer (purchased only from the approved uniform provider) is to be worn at all times, including in corridors and open spaces/dining halls etc. Please note that sleeves must be rolled down (students can remove blazers in classrooms with teacher permission). The Principal will announce if blazers can be removed and carried in open spaces in the event of hot weather.
- Students must wear the Academy tie. The top button on the shirt must be fastened and the tie worn appropriately. The tie should cover all shirt buttons. Ties cannot be too short.
- Hair: Natural colours only and no inappropriate styles (we reserve the right to judge each individual case on merit).
- Make-up must not be worn
- Graffiti or writing on hands or arms for any reason is not permitted
- Hoodies are not allowed on the academy site at all (hoodies or coats are never to be worn under blazers or otherwise at any time). Hoodies will be confiscated. Coats must be removed once inside academy building
- Jewellery must not be worn. A wrist watch is the only permissible exception (not a smart watch)